Twenty years experience as a designer, project manager and business owner/founder. Entrepreneur who grew two businesses from start up to over $5M in value through effective business planning, innovative client prospecting and original creative thinking.
BERGERSON DESIGN, Bay Area, CA Jan 2010-present
- Invent and advocate for societally beneficial designs and policies in the realms of transportation, futurism and entertainment.
- Provide design solutions for market opportunities in the industrial design and design conceptualization spaces.
- Present my autonomous vehicle research to Fortune 500 companies such as Google and Mercedes Benz and share lay versions of my work at public events like the Tesla Motor Connect convention in Santa Clara.
BERGERSON GROUP REAL ESTATE LLC, Orinda, CA October 2002-Dec 2009
- Examined and evaluated prospective residential properties in five different states. Negotiated sales, purchase, loan and vendor contracts.
- Managed a large real estate team (~50 people) consisting of legal professionals, property managers, accountants, insurance agents and various contractors.
- Grew a small real estate investment seed into a large and varied portfolio valued at over $4M over the course of nine years.
PHOENIX DESIGNS, San Francisco, CA July 1997-September 2002
- Responsible for the total needs of the client including management of technical and creative resources to deliver high quality branding and web solutions.
- Focused on all aspects of small business management, including client prospecting, team management and business development.
- Have thorough production technical skills as well as outstanding presentation and communication skills.
ANYRIVER ENTERTAINMENT, South San Francisco, CA June 1996-June 1997
- Produced AnyRiver’s flagship title, Flying Saucer by designing and building game missions, mastering and teaching others a custom scripting language and ensuring the quality of milestone deliverables.
- Managed a comprehensive 19 month schedule and 2 million dollar budget for a live action video graphic adventure game written by Neil Stephenson.
- Chief role was handling the administrative and financial aspects of a 15 person development team.
HASBRO INTERACTIVE, Palo Alto, CA June 1995-June 1996
- Participated in design and production of Tonka Construction, by managing an off-site development group, evaluating software milestones, prospecting potential future development partners, assisting with miscellaneous art production duties, conducting focus group tests and directing QA testing.
ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY, San Francisco, CA May 2014
BFA in Industrial Design, Focus on Entertainment and Transportation Design. Have taken classes in design, drawing, physical and digital modeling and industrial design best practices and processes.
POMONA COLLEGE, Claremont, CA May 1995
Bachelor’s degree in Physics, GPA in major, 3.6. Additional course work in studio art, mathematics, German, and economics. National Merit Scholar Finalist and scholarship winner.
- 2014 AAU Spring Show exhibitor – Antarctic Mobile Research Vehicle
- 2013 AAU Winter Show exhibitor – Ariel Element 1.0
- 2012 SF Auto Show AAU exhibitor – Land speed record car redesign
- 2012 AAU land speed record car redesign winner
- National Merit Scholar Finalist and scholarship winner